- You & I is a book from one person to another. Expect to receive this gift within 2-3 weeks, as long as we are able to regularly communicate.
- A Bundle of Memories includes the stories of a small group of people. The timeline will be between 2-4 weeks, depending on how quickly participants respond to my questions.
- A Golden Treasury is filled with the memories of a large group of friends and family. The process will take between 3-6 weeks depending on the speed of responses.
If you have a tight turnaround, please let me know during the consultation and we’ll work out an appropriate approach and timeline. I want to make this work for you!
If you are ordering a gift to be delivered outside of the US, please factor in an extra week after the book is completed for shipping.
- Include other people in the project, reach out to friends and family with thoughtful questions, and politely nudge them along when they forget to respond;
- Edit those responses to bring out their heart, combine them to tell a compelling story, and design them to reflect the personality of the recipient;
- Create beautiful illustrations that complement the memories shared;
- And hand-bind the pages using traditional binding methods.
These are just a few of the features that make a Celebration Story special. Think of it this way. You get all the perks of a handmade project: you share in the creativity of designing the book, you walk down memory lane as you reflect on your own stories, and you’re there with your loved one as they receive this special gift. But you don’t spend hours on the behind-the-scenes work that goes into the gift.
You can explore the different book options here.
Many of us have tried our hand at putting together a photo album by hand or online. But we may struggle to find the right words to tell our loved ones just how much they mean to us. I want to help you put your feelings into words in a way that doesn’t feel overwhelming. That’s why I send you a list of tailored questions after our consultation: to help you narrow your focus and reflect on the most meaningful parts of your relationship.
With this approach, we will create a gift that your loved one will want to curl up with on the couch time and time again. Find out why other people loved the Celebration Stories here.
1. You could scale down and commission a You & I book, sending a special message that’s just from you.
2. You could commission A Bundle of Memories and have the book be a few close friends or family members.
3. You could go in on the gift with several friends. For example, A Golden Treasury makes for an especially memorable—and affordable—group wedding gift. Your friend will still be cherishing your words and memories for many years after their registry toaster breaks down! A Golden Treasury book split between 10 friends works out to less than $50 each.